Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seven Hours and Counting

You would think that I, of all people, would sleep in when I could.  I used to sleep until noon on the weekends and even now, I try to get the last minute possible before getting up for work. 

Not now, when I'm getting ready to leave for Korea. 

Yesterday, I had the day off of work, but I got up 6 AM, even earlier than normal!  I tried to close my eyes and go back to sleep again, but I kept waking up and thinking about the trip and what I still needed to do.

The same thing happened today.  I was up almost every hour and then finally got up at 7 AM.  We are almost all packed, except for a few last minute things.  And we don't have to leave for the airport until 11:30 AM.  I ended up re-packing Nate's suitcase to fit his shoes in and going through all my makeup and jewelry last night to figure out what I should bring.  Definitely packed too much of everything, but since we are staying longer, I didn't know exactly how to pack - what situations we might be in, what the weather would be like.


And I was sad that it was the last night Coco would sleep at my feet and Storm would snuggle up, until July.  It's definitely the longest I have been away from them.  Prior to this, I think it's only been ten days, at most.  Their fate is in Rob, Mike and Julie, and Dorothy, Rich & Alycia's hands. 


I'm anxious to get going this morning, but Nate is still sleeping, so I don't want to disturb him.  And there is very little milk left, so I want to share that with him and don't want to take the last.  When will that boy wake up?

This is the last time I'll be writing before I leave, but we hope that in Korea we will be able to upload some pictures and document a few things.  I want to share the Journey with everyone!  An nyoung ha seh yo, Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment